We specialize in all aspects of general manufacturing equipment, metalworking and plastic machinery. Including those related to:
1. Automotive Drive Train/Powertrain and Off-Road Construction Equipment: engines, transmissions, axles, differentials, wheel assemblies
2. Automotive and General Industrial: stamping, forging, die casting, machining, painting, E-Coat, Powder Coat
3. Carbon based and Renewable Energy: Gas turbines, Oil patch/fracking, drilling, pumps, valves and pipe
4. Aerospace: Large gantry mills, Spar mills, Carbon fiber/titanium fuselage, Manufacture of gas turbine engines
5. Fabrication: Metal shears and Press brakes, Roll formers, Bending rolls, Punching/Coining, Welding.
6. General: Drills, Electrical Discharge Machining, Lathes, Gears, Presses, Saws
Harry J. Richardson, Senior ASA established Tartan American Machinery Corporation in 1977 and simultaneously opened offices in Detroit, MI and Paris, France. In 1981, he and the rest of the team also opened an office in Glasgow, Scotland. All of our three locations are still staffed and operational today.
Since 1980, we have been a member of the Machine Tool Dealers National Association (MDNA). Our company initially planned to focus on purchasing used machine tools in Western Europe and shipping them to the U.S. for remarketing. As our business expanded, our team started to buy and sell various equipment as well as provide consulting services worldwide. Together with our network of trusted associates, we have expanded to South America, Mexico, Canada, and Asia, including China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Middle East.
Because of our commitment to customer satisfaction and exceptional service, our team is able to build and maintain great client relationships. Through the years, we have been regularly working with:
Harry J. Richardson has been a member of the American Society of Appraisers since 1999, and he was granted Senior ASA status in 2001. He is known to deliver excellent work in the industry over the years. From 2014 to 2018, he served Machine Tool & Specialties (MTS) Board. He is a published author in the MTS Magazine and has written articles about: